Medical Journalist, Thomson Reuters, New York, N.Y. October 2011
· Covering health news for Reuters Health.
Kaiser Family Foundation Media Fellow, Thomson Reuters, Washington, D.C. June 2011 to August 2011
· Covered health policy from a national and state level.
· Weekend White House in-town reporter.
Freelance Reporter, USA Today, McLean, V.A. May 2008 to June 2011
· Published articles for the national desk, with two articles about parking fines and cigarette safety on the front page.
· Covered Congress as a Washington Bureau intern in the fall of 2009. Published daily blog posts for OnPolitics, while writing for the publication and contributing to long-term projects about earmarks and campaign donations.
· Worked as a national desk intern in the summer of 2008. Wrote articles about national trends while contributing to long-term projects. Covered breaking news about massive Midwest flooding and the Amerithrax investigation.
Editor and Executive Producer, Wilkes University media, Wilkes-Barre, P.A. August 2006 – May 2010
· Worked in several roles, including editor-in-chief, of award-winning campus newspaper. Oversaw staff of 20 editors and reporters. Lead reporter on award-winning racial discrimination investigation, and an investigation resulting in the termination of a university staff member.
· Managed programming and staff of 24 as executive producer at the campus television station with a 300,000 television reach.
Newsroom Intern, WBRE-TV (NBC)/WYOU-TV (CBS), Wilkes-Barre, P.A. Spring 2008 to Summer 2009
· Wrote copy for original stories on the local NBC affiliate as production intern during the spring and summer of 2009, with some stories appearing on CNN.
· Reported and wrote copy for several stories as a reporting intern during the spring of 2008. Assisted reporters on nightly assignments and breaking news.
National Desk Intern, The Washington Times, Washington, D.C. Summer 2007
· Filed articles on political conferences and meetings, N.A.S.A. initiatives, and events around Washington.
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y. May 2011
· M.S. and Stabile Scholar with a newspaper and investigative journalism specialization
· Student of the Year
· Reporter for TheUptowner.org
Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, P.A. Cum Laude May 2010
· B.A. in Communication Studies with print and broadcast concentrations
· Coursework in research and statistics, news editing, video, audio, American politics, literary journalism, cross-cultural communications, and digital photography
Multimedia: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Audition and HTML
Computer-assisted reporting: Data analysis with Microsoft Access and Excel, and Google Refine and Fusion Tables
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Tumblr and experience with emerging social media management
Society of Professional Journalists, Investigative Reporters and Editors, Online News Association, Society of American Business Editors and Writers, National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association, Association of Health Care Journalists, The National Press Club and the Society of Collegiate Journalists